Helios named Firm of the Year in Africa
1st March 2023
Helios was named Firm of the Year in Africa in the Private Equity International awards for the fourth consecutive time.
In 2022, Helios:
- Acquired two landmark digital infrastructure investments: IXAfrica, a leading developer and operator of hyperscale-ready data centers in Kenya, and Maroc Datacenter, a carrier neutral data centre in Morocco.
- Exited its investment in Vivo Energy, a pan-African downstream oil business. In addition, Helios also exited OVH, one of the largest downstream fuel retail companies in West Africa.
- Signed a MoU with Sojitz Corporation, a leading Japanese conglomerate listed on the Tokyo Stock Exchange, to collaborate on a wide range of projects in Africa. This follows the completion of a 25% sale of Axxela to Sojitz during the year.
- Secured an ESG-linked capital call facility for Helios Investors IV, L.P., the first of its kind in Africa. The interest rate of the capital call facility is pegged to ESG performance targets set by lenders Rand Merchant Bank and Standard Chartered Bank.
- Launched its first climate strategy, which seeks to provide growth capital to market leading businesses that support and accelerate a low carbon transition in Africa.