Helios' Investment Impact in Africa
Helios believes that the firm’s greatest contribution to regional development comes from building profitable, value-creating, and socially responsible private enterprises.
Investing capital in African businesses increases opportunity and advances economic well-being, making domestic prospects increasingly attractive. Furthermore, the multiplier effect of creating economic opportunity within our businesses means that many more lives are touched through supply chains.
To capture the many ways in which our investments not only contribute to economic growth, but create lasting positive social and environmental benefits as well, we have identified six key themes that highlight our impact:
- Investing in domestic productive capacity
- Putting entrepreneurs in business
- Building the next generation of leaders
- Fostering financial inclusion and deepening
- Improving access to cleaner energy
- Fostering sustainable communities and cities
Scale amplifies the impact of the capital we put to work…
- We have invested over $3 billion in African businesses
- Since 2008, during our ownership Helios portfolio companies have
- Generated over $9 billion in revenue
- Added over 9,000 new jobs